Friday 1 February 2013

Beta Readers

So I have recently been introduced to the concept of Beta Readers, having never heard of them before i was approached by someone who was enjoying the series, but saw some areas for improvement. While i have had no complaints in relation to the storyline, i am well aware that i struggle with grammar which has become the bane of my life. So with this in mind i accepted the offer, i am currently editing the next book in the Silver Series and have utilised this offer with great results.

A Beta Reader can see the things i don't because i am caught up in the story, they can highlight inconsistencies that don't come to me as i am putting pen to paper so to speak. This has led me to question where i can find a couple more Beta Readers and decided that my blogg would be the best place.

Which has led me to posting this, if you enjoy the Silver Series and would like to be a Beta Reader please contact me, a word of warning though i write incredibly fast and need people who can keep up with me, the main areas i struggle with are tenses and punctuation.


8 comments:

  1. I would love to be a beta reader for you. I'm very quick!
    Louise (christmasmerrychristmas@yahoo.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha,
    I'm a great fan of the Silver Series and would be honored to be a Beta Reader. I am fast, and very aware of inconsistencies, grammar and general format issues in the novels that I read. (ebookjan33@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha!
    If you need another reader, I believe that I can be of help to you too. Keeping up with your writing wouldn't be a problem as I am constantly reading and of course I absolutely love your series. Bad grammar is a pet peeve of mine so I'd love to put my knowledge to good use in helping you if I can. Please contact me at Manda540412@gmail.com, my name is Amanda and I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha,
    If you still need another Beta reader I would love to help out. I absolutely love your series and believe I would be an asset to you since I read very quickly and also pick up on inconsistencies in storyline and grammar. If you are still interested you can email me st daisyy315@Yahoo.com.
    Thanks,
    Madia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha, wow that is fantastic that you have taken the time to ask for some beta readers to help, I am known as PNR FAN on your ratings and gave you a 4 star rating and only gave you that after deducting 1 star for the editing which, in the credits has Nicky Taylor, and must admit that after seeing an editor's name I was confused at the amount of errors. I admire your writing and think your books are fantastic and would definitely be able to keep up with you. Unless you don't like my review you can contact me at adon5@bigpond.com and of course I would keep it confidential.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Samantha,
    After seeing the responses you probably already have the number of beta readers that you want, but I figured what the heck. I love to read and have been reading since I was in middle school. I am a big romance fan and can get through a 300 page book in a day. I will say this would give me the perfect excuse to read and to spend my day doing it.
    Thank you for the opportunity,
    Bonnie
    bclin2003@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why hello there Samantha!

    I have just finished devouring your entire Silver series in the last week. Having cringed at every misplaced apostrophe I would LOVE to become a beta reader in order to help eradicate those things! I also noticed a few missing words which made me stop and reread a few times. Please let me know! Contact me at trilcaa@hotmail.com if you are interested in more help. :)

    ReplyDelete